It is time to be making plans for our 2014 West Tennessee Angus Association Sale. Our first meeting was Tuesday Oct. 15, 2013. If you were not able to make that meeting and want to consign cattle to the sale please contact Charlie Rowlett at Email email@example.com or phone 731-514-6348. Or John Turner at email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 901-351-1355.
- Consigners must be current members of the West Angus Association.
- The Membership fee is to be $30.00 per year, running from January 1, to December 31 each year.
- There is a consignment fee of $100 per lot, not to exceed $400 per consigner, that must accompany the consignment papers to `sale manager in order for cattle to be cataloged. The consignment fee will be returned to the consigner after the sale day. If the consigned cattle or an “X” lot is not sold the consignment fee will be forfeited.
- There is a $10.00 non refundable fee charged on each lot that goes to the WTAA to cover association expenses.
- Age limit on cows is 8 years or LESS on day of sale.
- All registrations, AI or breeding certificates, Health papers shall be in order and in hands of sale manger prior to sale day.
- Herd performance records processed through American Angus Associationís Angus Herd Improvement Records (AHIR) are highly recommended.
- Each animal selling, including calf at side of dam 4-months old or older, must have a valid health certificate issued within thirty (30) days of the sale.
- Recommend all eligible females be calf hood vaccinated for Brucellosis (Bangs). THIS IS OPTIONAL, not required by State or Federal Veterinarian Departments. If you have Certified & Accredited Herds, you must have bleed date and anniversary date listed.
- All animals must have legible tattoos or brand corresponding to registration certificates.
- All potential carriers of Arthrogryosis Multiplex (AM), Neuropathic Hydrocephalus (NH), Contractual Arachnodactyly (CA), Dwarfism (D2), and Myostatin (M1), or any known defect must be tested free or have no known carrier and so stated on health papers.
- All animals should be wormed and free of ringworm, lesions, warts, mange and lice.
- All animals should be vaccinated for a minimum of the following: BVD (Bovine Virus Diarrhea); BR (infectious Bovine Rhinotracheitis); P13 (Para-influenza 3); BRSV (Bovine Respiratory Syncytial Virus); 7 Way Clostridium; & Lepto-Vibro.
- Calves at side of dam should not be over 280 days of age in accordance to AHIR guidelines. Any calf nine (9) months or older will be split off and sold as separate lot.
- All female selling as bred must be pregnancy checked safe in calf and so noted. Any female with calf at side six (6) months or older should be rebred, safe in calf.
- In order to sell a bull, a female must be consigned to sale. Consideration will be given to non female consigners after consigners with females and bulls have been excepted. This will be based on the number of bulls needed for sale.
- Bulls must be minimum of one (1) year old and a maximum of five (5) years old on sale day.
- All bulls shall have a “Breeding Soundness” exam by a licensed veterinarian with in thirty (30) days of sale and all bulls must meet TAEP requirements. A BSE exam sheet shall be made available to buyers on sale day. All bulls must be tested by licensed veterinarian for “Trichomoniasis” within 30 days of sale.
- All animals must be clipped prior to sale day. Animals not presentable on sale day will be sold last.
- All cattle "must" be manageable or the consigner "will" be asked to remove them from sale barn.
- The Sale Manager will set the sale order.
- All consigned animals will be guaranteed by the consigner based on the rules and regulations of the American Angus Association.
February 22, 2014 Qty Lots Gross Average 13 Total Registered Bulls $38,500.00 $2,961.00 42 Total Registered Females $125,300.00 $2,983.00 21 Fall Pairs $75,200.00 $3,580.00 0 Split Pairs $0.00 $0.00 5 Bred Cows $12,300.00 $2,460.00 7 Bred Heifers $17,100.00 $2,442.00 9 Open Heifers $20,700.00 $2,300.00 55 Total Registered Lots $163,800.00 $2,978.00 5 Commercial Angus Heifers with fall bull calves rebred to calf in fall of 2014. Total= $13,200 with an average of $2,640.00. 5 Bred Yearling Commercial Angus Heifers due to calf in fall of 2014. Total= $8,450.00 with an average of $1,690.00